Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Wailea Maui gets better and better!

In my early days of travel, I visited Hawainumerous times. In fact, I thought of it as a home away from home! But having had limited experience with other tropical destinations, what did I know? 

Well, after 30 years of extensive travel, I can tell you that Hawaii is No Ka Oi. (is the best.) 
I constantly hear people say that the long flights discourage them from Hawaii in favor of Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean. But, in my view, some things are well worth the effort - and Hawaii is! 

Except for Waikiki, Hawaii is a relaxed and atmospheric place that is always hard to leave. The Hawaiian people are the most gracious on Earth - and that goes for the "Mainlanders" that now call Hawaii home. From the moment you step off the plane, the aroma of orchids and other tropical flora make it clear that you have just arrived at a very special place! 

On our last visit to Maui, we returned to a Wailea Beach resort where we had stayed over 18 years earlier. It indeed was like coming home. If you are "thinking Hawaii", I would be happy to share our experience and give you some things tips. Email me.

Finally, if you are a golfer, Wailea area courses are spectacular. The picture I use in the "About Me" panel of this blog was taken at the Gold Course at Wailea. 
Happy Landings,

Dick

No comments: