Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Playa del Carmen:
Riu Palace Riviera Maya gives me a fresh, new view of Mexico.
My wife and I recently spent a week at the brand new Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen and loved it! I was as surprised as anyone since I haven't been especially fond of Mexico in the past. The place was elegant and the service truly the equal of first-class cruise lines - something I thought to be impossible. The food quality and presentation was far beyond that of any all-inclusive resort we have ever visited. In a seven night stay, we dined in a different restaurant each night. And, every one of them was perfect. The cocktail lounge in the main lobby was our favorite nightly spot before dinner. Live piano music and palatial atmosphere made it a perfect relaxing cocktail hour after a day in the sun. For golfers, the newly renovated Playacar Golf Club is directly across the street.
Our travel agency, Gateway Express Travel features Riu Resorts all over the world, so we thought we should try this area out since they have 5 resorts just in Playa del Carmen alone. I can heartily recommend it to anyone who wants the best. Tell your travel agent to check it out for you - especially if you haven't been a big fan of Mexico (as we weren't) before now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.